MyBB docker image in ECS
We were tasked with developing a fully functional MyBB forum that is of course highly-scalable, highly-available and as secure as possible.
Because we enjoy sharing with our community, we made the project open-source and available for review on GitHub.
Since we’re not a fan of reinventing the wheel, we’ve made use of Victor Palo's template to which we fixed the problem that he had of sharing files through the web instances using s3fs and mounting an S3 bucket.
All the info about running the stack or accessing the admin account after stack creation are available on our repo, but we’ll also publish them here for reference:
Run the CloudFormation template
- Login to the AWS console and browse to the CloudFormation section
- Select the “aws_config/aws_ecs.yaml” file
- Before clicking “Update”, make sure that you scroll down and tick the “I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources” checkbox
- ...drink coffee...
- Go to the URL in the output variable for the live MyBB application
Evaluation access account
- Username = admin
- Password = 1234
- ECS cluster
- AutoScaling Group
- Application Load Balancer
- MySQL RDS MultiAZ
- Elastic File System
Need help implementing this?
Feel free to contact us using this form or via email at