Install Minikube on Windows
If you're not a fan of simply clicking on "Create" in Google Cloud to launch a Kubernetes cluster but still want to test it's features somehow with no extra cost, then the simplest way to do that on a Windows 10 machine is to just follow these steps.
- Enable Hyper-V from BIOS
- Install Docker for Windows
- Download kubectl + add to path
- Download minikube + add to path
- Configure NEW Hyper-V switch (type = "external")
- Launch docker machine within new hyper-v switch (with "Run as administrator" privileges)
- Connect to docker-machine
- Start minikube cluster with (with "Run as administrator")
- Get minikube and kubectl status
Need help implementing this?
Feel free to contact us using this form or via email at